The IBA Europe-Caucasus-Asia Forum, the successor of the famous CIS Local Counsel Forum, is returning to Kazakhstan with a slightly new look, but the same soul and values we have cherished for over a decade.
The Forum will gather managing partners, heads of practice, in-house lawyers, and other senior practitioners coming from, or interested in, the ECA region.
Apart from discussion of cutting-edge issues of the legal market and profession, the event will offer a wonderful cultural and social programme.
- Cross-border projects in the ECA region: avoiding mismatches
- What standards of professional regulation investors/clients expect for their lawyers in the emerging markets: a gap between expectations and reality
- Astana International Financial Center: new opportunities for investors in the ECA region
- Mineral resource development: trends across the region
- Data privacy regulations: local vs exterritorial laws (GDPR) – the art of risk-management
- How to become an arbitrator
- Key pitfalls of PPP projects in the emerging markets: why do you need a strong legal team
- Procurement of legal services: quality, loyalty and conflict of interests